After the patch on November 10th 2020 many users are reporting crashing in their games that happens randomly. The developers have made a statement on the official forums and mentioned they have a plan to fix it by the end of next week! You can read their post below or visit it here.
Also, the developers have put an announcement in game stating there should be a fix next week and provides a link to the forum post. Good on EA and The Sims team!
Hi, Simmers. Following the latest game update, we have noticed an uptick in crashes on PC, Mac, and especially PS4. We are working on resolving the issue as quickly as possible and appreciate your patience. The current ETA is next week. Meanwhile, you can use the workaround below. It means you won’t have any sound, however the game should run without the audio-related crashes.
If you find concise reproducible steps for getting a crash or for audio going away on its own, your input would be very helpful in Answers HQ.
We also will take save games where the issue can readily be reproduced. We are sorry about this disruption. Thank you for your help and patience.
HOW TO DISABLE AUDIO
Adding the -nosound argument on PC and Mac disables audio at a core level to avoid the audio-related crashes for the time being.
- Go to “My Game Library”.
- Right click on The Sims 4 and select “Game Properties”.
- Select the “Advanced Launch Options” tab.
- In the “Command line arguments” text field, add -nosound and select “Save”.
- Go to “Library”.
- Right click on The Sims 4 and select “Properties”.
- Click the “Set Launch Options…” button.
- Add -nosound in the text field and click “OK”.
- You can try adjusting the master volume in the Game Options to be 0%. We have had mixed results with this.